Thursday, December 6, 2012

Joanna Laajisto

I discovered Helsinki based interior architect Joanna Laajisto via Emmas Designblogg. I'm actually itching to show you her home, which is amazing, but that will have to wait until Sunday when I write my 'Homes to Inspire' post! 

Having studied in the US, Joanna designed large scale commercial projects at an international architect firm in LA, before returning to Finland. Driven by both functionality and aesthetics, I love her design philosophy "not to clutter this world with unnecessary things but to find the hidden beauty of each space and to enhance it by creative solutions." Also an expert in environmental design, Joanna likes to team up with like minded creatives including artists, designers and photographers, and has an amazing portfolio to show for it. Here are some highlights.  

Bar & Co Restaurant, Helsinki.

Private Residence, Helsinki



Euro RSCG, Advertising Agency, Helsinki





Tiger Sushi Restaurant, Espoo

I get so much enjoyment looking through Joanna's portfolio. She clearly has an amazing vision when carrying out these projects and there are so many gorgeous pendant lights and sconces! A mix of Japanese and Scandinavian design, the Tiger Sushi Restaurant is one of my favourites. I love the combination of plywood and black details, especially the ceramics.



All images via http://joannalaajisto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment