Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wood Pallet | DIY Furniture

The humble wood pallet, commonly used in the shipping industry for loading and unloading, has many uses when it comes to DIY and upcycling. With furniture, the possibilities are endless. I've seen some impressive pallet transformations such as sofas, kitchen benches, coat racks, room dividers, wine storage... the list goes on! There are two ideas which I'm really loving right now, the first being pallet beds. Si over at French By Design wrote an awesome post on these last year. Check it out here

The second, which I (by I, I mean hubby) would really like to have a go at making for our new house, is the pallet coffee table. Simple and stylish with an industrial edge, here are some of my favourite finds. 



When we lived in our previous home, my husband obtained several pallets for free, which he used as flooring for our garden shed. From what I hear, companies are happy to give them away rather than discarding them. Garden centres are a good place to try. If DIY isn't your thing, you can buy ready made pallet tables that are really affordable. This one from Primary Ltd in Auckland is very cool, and at $180, won't break the bank. They have plans to ship nationwide soon, and of course, there are many companies worldwide who make them. 

Images: source

No comments:

Post a Comment