Monday, May 27, 2013

Dining Rooms | Bright, White & Green

I've been thinking a lot about the dining area of our new home lately. The pendant lights arrived yesterday which is very exciting, and I've found both the trestle legs and the table top that I want. The chairs will have to wait but our existing ones will work for now, with the help of some sheepskins to warm up the cool steel seats. What I'm really looking forward to however is the surrounding space. The open-plan layout that includes the kitchen and living, the white walls, black joinery of the windows and doors to the adjoining deck, and white ash wood flooring. 

I really love dining spaces that bring in lots of light and greenery from the outdoors. Indoor greenery is wonderful too, and that's one of the key elements of these spaces I'm going to show you. Plants and fresh flowers really brighten up the room, adding texture and life. Regardless of style, be it vintage-industrial, rustic or modern, adding touches of green to bright white interiors is a simple formula that works every time.  








Images: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

I hope you've seen something here that inspires. I'm heading off to seek out some cosy sheepskins! See you back here tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment