Sunday, February 24, 2013

Interior Styling | Tree Stumps


I'm not sure if it's just me but I've started noticing more and more tree stumps used as furniture in the home and I've really taken a shine to them. Often seen in Scandi-style interiors, I love their natural simplicity and rustic quality. Cracks and imperfections add to their charm, and I like that no two are the same. They are ideal for use as low level tables or stools in living areas, bedrooms, and even bathrooms. Although I'd happily take just one, I can't help but want a group of them like in the image above. Greedy I know, but they look stunning, don't they? You can see more of this beautiful home over here





I found a fantastic DIY Tree Table post on marthastewart.com which gives instructions on how to create a smooth sealed surface by sanding and applying a coat of enamel paint. You could also go a step further and paint the outside of the stump. I love these examples below.



The home below, a recent discovery via French By Design, has some amazing features, one of which is a very cool personalised tree stump. I love how the inside has been painted neon orange, a colour which the owner Amélie has added in eyecatching bursts around the otherwise monochrome interior. Stencilled lettering on the outside of the stump adds further wow. Located in Carpentras, France, you can check out the full house tour here


It's a good idea to add furniture gliders to the bottom of the stumps to protect your floors. Alternatively you could add wheels for easy movement around the home. 


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  10-11 | 12 

Do you like any of these tree stumps? I'd love to know what you think. See you back here tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment